Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Busy Month for Joren Traveller

                   Creating Art - More Fun than Resting

           August is a busy month for me as I will be displaying my artwork in three shows in Bend. 


My ceramic sculpture "Friesian Fantasy" (a Friesian Horse) will be a part of the Art of the West Rendezvous Show at the High Desert Museum. 
  

My Show at the Red Chair Gallery will feature bronze and ceramics pieces of some of my favorite creatures including birds and equines. The bronze sculptures are produced in small editions and finished with unique hot patinas. All of the ceramic sculptures are hand built and individually finished using a combination of glazing and cold patinas. I’m pleased to be one of the featured artists at the Red Chair Gallery on First Friday, August 1st.



 As a member of the High Desert Art League I will also be displaying some of my paintings at our "Progressions" show at Sage Gallery and Framing in Bend. I was recently inspired to paint some of the rock climbers I saw at Smith Rock Park.  My paintings of “climbers” at Smith Rock seem  to exemplify how important it is to learn the basics and keep on trying.  Only then will confidence build and challenges be overcome - True progression - So true for all things in life.




No comments:

Post a Comment